Wednesday, August 10, 2011

What Does Jesus Teach?


Some may point to the Beatitudes of the Sermon on the Mount.
I look to my life’s experience and ask.  What have I learned in
My faith journey?   If I were one of Jesus’ Disciples, would
He describe me as being “Meek and Humble of Spirit”.
“Tired and weary”, “Persecuted”, “Reviled” etc… etc…
Or more specifically, would he bless me as he
Blessed his Disciples in the Sermon on the Mount.  

My faith journey has no way of answering these questions.
Who would know my score on these accounts save the Father, Son  
And Holy Spirit. 

Albert Einstein is credited as saying “Imagination is more important
Than Knowledge”.   Can we Christians extrapolate from this to say?
“Faith is more important than reason”.   I recall of the times when
I have taken reason to the extremes and how it has failed me.
God’s thoughts are not ours and they are certainly much higher than
Ours.   I say if we are to ask for an increase, make it be in Faith.  
 +




No comments:

Post a Comment